Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions
Reliance Retail Ltd (“Seller”) warrants the Seller’s branded Phone or hardware product and its accessories contained in the original packaging ("Product"), a limited Warranty, against defect in material and workmanship (“Defect”) when used normally in accordance Seller’s guidelines that may include but are not limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals and service communications. A Product having a Defect is hereinafter referred to as “Defective” shall be repaired or replaced free of charge upon submission of valid claim by the Consumer through Seller or its authorized service partners or its service dealers subject to the following conditions.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SELLER DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED, SELLER LIMITS THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY AND, AT SELLER'S OPTION, THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SERVICES DESCRIBED AS BELOW.
This Warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. This Warranty of the Product excluding battery, charger, hands-free and USB cable, extends for a period of twelve (12) months commencing from the date of the activation/ date of original retail purchase by the end customer (“Warranty Period”). The Warranty of the charger, battery, hands-free & USB cable extends for a period of six (6) months commencing from the date of original retail purchase by the end Consumer.
2. During the Warranty Period, Seller or its authorized service partners or service dealers will repair or replace (only in case of dead on arrival), at Seller's option and guidelines, the Product or any relevant parts thereof in the event that the Product is found to be Defective. The repaired Product or the Product/part provided as a replacement for a Defective Product/part shall be free from Defect. The purchaser of the Product or his/her assignee ("Consumer") shall not be charged (whether for parts, labour or otherwise) for the repair or replacement of a Defective Product during the Warranty Period provided the Consumer submits a valid claim. All the replaced Product/s or part/s shall become Consumer’s property and the Defective Product/s or part/s shall become the Seller’s property.
3. The Warranty in respect of a repaired or replaced Product/part shall continue and remain in force for the unexpired Warranty Period.
4. Upon request from Seller, the Consumer shall be required to provide the original purchase receipt along with a valid claim in respect of the date and place of purchase.
5. The Consumer shall have no coverage or benefits from damages arising from failure under this Warranty in any of the following conditions:
a) The Product has been subject to abnormal use or conditions, improper storage, exposure to excessive moisture or dampness, exposure to excessive temperatures, unauthorised modifications, unauthorised repair (including but not limited to use of unauthorised spare parts in repairs), abuse, accident, Acts of God, spills of food or liquids, cosmetic damage, improper installation and breakage or damage to antennae (otherwise than by reason of any Defect); b) Seller has not been notified by the Consumer of the Defect in the Product during the applicable warranty period; c) The Product seal, serial number code or the accessory date code has been removed, defaced or altered; d) The Product has been used with or connected to an accessory i) Not supplied by Seller or its affiliates, ii) Not fit for use with the Product or (iii) Used otherwise than in the manner intended; e) The seals of the Product enclosure have been broken or shows evidence of tampering or the Product has been used in equipment other than that for which it has been specified usable by Seller; f) a damage caused by the operating the Product outside the operating guidelines; g) the Product has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Seller; h) defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Product; i) any damage of plastic component like the front and back cover including the rubber components like key pads, antenna shall not be covered under warranty coverage.
6. In order to derive the benefits of this Warranty in respect of any Defect in the Product, the Consumer shall have to walk-in with the Product or part thereof with a valid claim to the authorised service centre of Seller. The Consumer shall bring the Defective Product and collect the repaired Product after the completion of the service under this Warranty.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SELLER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, COMPROMISE OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF PRODUCT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED IN OR USED WITH THE SELLER PRODUCT OR ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION STORED ON THE PRODUCT. SELLER DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR THE PRODUCT UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR REPLACE THE PRODUCT WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF INFORMATION STORED IN THE PRODUCT.
8. CONSUMER SHOULD MAKE PERIODIC BACKUP COPIES OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE PRODUCT&RSQUO;S STORAGE MEDIA TO PROTECT THE CONTENTS AND AS A PRECAUTION AGAINST POSSIBLE OPERATIONAL FAILURES. DURING WARRANTY SERVICE THE CONTENTS OF THE STORAGE MEDIA WILL BE DELETED AND REFORMATTED. SELLER AND ITS AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF SOFTWARE PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE STORAGE MEDIA OR ANY OTHER PART OF THE PRODUCT SERVICED.
9. Seller reserves the right to change the method by which Seller may provide Warranty service to Consumer, and Product's eligibility to receive a particular method of Warranty service. Warranty service will be limited to the options available in the state where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to state. Consumer may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Product cannot be serviced in that state.
10. The Warranty service for the Product shall be restricted to the country where Seller or its authorized distributors originally sold the Product.
11. All disputes shall be governed under the laws of India and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Mumbai only.