You can check your Software version number on your mobile device:
- Open your device's settings app.
- Scroll to the bottom and touch 'About phone'.
- This shows your device's Android version number, build number etc.
Usually you get a notification when a new software is available for upgrade for your device. Once you get it, just swipe down from the top of any screen to open the notification and touch 'Download' to start the update. If you haven't received a notification and want to check if there's an update available for your device:
- Open your device's settings app settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and touch 'About phone' > 'Wireless update'.
- Touch "Check for updates" to see if you have an update waiting. Or touch 'Download' if there's one already available.