Before you can use Android Device Manager to locate your device: The location access of your LYF mobile needs to be turned-on and be signed in to your Google Account (Steps: use dropdown notification drawer on the top of the screen, and enable Location). Android Device Manager will not work for devices that are either turned off or don't have a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection.
After linking your phone to Google, you can locate or ring your phone by searching for find my phone on www.google.com. Follow the steps below:
Use the Android Device Manager website
- Sign in to your Google Account on android.com/device manager.
- If you have more than one device, click the arrow next to the device name to select a different device.
- Android Device Manager will show you the approximate location of the device selected.
Use the Android Device Manager app
If you have another mobile device, you can use the Android Device Manager app to locate your lost device. You need to have the Android Device Manager app installed on the device that you plan to use.
1. On the device that you have with you, open the Android Device Manager app
2. Sign in to your Google Account.
3. Change the device displayed.
4 If it is a phone: Swipe along the bottom of the screen to see your devices.
5 If it is a tablet: Touch the arrow next to the device to select a device.
6 Android Device Manager will show you the approximate location of the device selected.